Bailey's Technology Support
Restarting Your Computer
It’s important to do this at least two times a week so that the computer can do its weekly updates. Computers that are restarted regularly run better and have less problems.
- (New!) English
- (Coming soon!) Spanish
Restarting Your Computer
Computer not working or going slow?
- Try a Reboot- Please make sure to restart 3-4 times a week to make sure they get any updates.
- Still having trouble? Please drive by the nearest FCPS school to connect to the wifi and reboot there. Our computers were designed to be on our network and they can get cranky if they're away too long.
- Video: Turning on Your Laptop
- Video: Turing on Your Laptop (In Spanish)
- Video: Using and Caring for your FCPS Computer (In Spanish)
- Video: How to Login to Your FCPS Laptop
- Video: How to Check Your FCPS Gmail Account & Access Class BBCU link
- Video: How to Search Your FCPS Gmail to Find a Class BBCU Link
- (New!) Video: How to Clear Your Browser History (you may need to do this if your internet is going slow or if you are experience issues with ST Math or MyOn)
- (New!) Video: After clearing your browser history, your BBCU bookmark on your favorites bar will not work, watch this video to learn how to delete your old link and add a new one
- (New!) Video: How to: Turn off airplane mode
Is your child getting the message that the “Microsoft licensing is expiring?” Here’s how to fix this:
- Go to the nearest FCPS school (doesn’t have to be Bailey’s)
- In the parking lot, restart the device 2 times while connected to the FCPS wifi
- After the 2nd restart, while still at the FCPS school, log into the device with child’s username/password to make sure the licensure notification goes away
- Sound Troubleshooting on Your FCPS Laptop
- Camera Troubleshooting on Your FCPS Laptop
- Microphone Troubleshooting on Your FCPS Laptop
How to change audio/video settings in Google Chrome
Open up a chrome tab/window
Click on the 3 dots at the top-right and click settings
Search Camera and click on Site Settings
Click on the arrow next to camera
Click on arrow/dots next to bb.collab and select allow
Click on the arrow next to microphone and select allow
Microphone still not working?
Try pressing the Fn key and the F4 key on your keyboard at the same time. The little white dot light on the F4 key should be OFF
Please complete the steps below once you have your FCPS laptop. We encourage you to have your child do these steps once a day until school starts. A Bailey’s staff member will be in touch with you this week and next week to make sure each step has been completed.
- Video - Plug the laptop into an outlet. (Video in Spanish)
- Video - Turn on your laptop only hit the power button one time (Spanish instructions linked)
- Video - Log into the computer
- Connect to the internet
- Find Google Chrome (see image below)
- Video - Log into your Google fcpsschools.net account
- Video - Find the Blackboard Collaborate invitation email
- Video - Click on your class Blackboard Collaborate (BBCU) link
Need Help? Call the FCPS Parent Technology Help Desk
- The number is 1-833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). It will be answered by staff 7 a.m.to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
- Parents or guardians who need help in a language other than English should let help desk staff know, and an interpreter will join them on the line.
Still Need Help?
- Submit a ticket on our Parent and Student IT Support Portal and a tech support person will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Video: Connecting to the FCPS Mifi
Having trouble staying connecting while in BBCU/Chrome? See if your browser needs updated by following these directions:
- Still having trouble with BBCU in Chrome after updating? Try switching to Microsoft Edge for your Browser
- (New!) Video (English)
- Video: After 30 days, your BBCU bookmark on your favorites bar will expire, watch this video to learn how to delete your old link and add a new one
- Video: How to search your FCPS gmail account to find a class BBCU link
- Video: (Student View) Changing Your Audio/Video Settings in Google Chrome
- Video: How to Login to a BBCU session using an iPhone
- Video: How to Login to a BBCU session using an iPhone (Spanish)
- Video: Introduction to BBCU (Spanish)
Forgot or Need to Change Your Password for FCPS 24-7, SIS Account, Google, or the FCPS Network?
- Recover or reset a forgotten password or change an existing password by visiting our password management page.
- Still need help? Submit a ticket on our Parent and Student IT Support Portal and a tech support person will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Tips & Tricks for Using Your Computer!
Check out these resources to become more familiar with your laptop!
Want to learn about something else that isn't listed here? Email Mrs. Q at @email with your suggestions!
- (New!) How To: Add & Delete Bookmarks in Google Chrome
- Spanish (coming soon)
- Video: Viewing 2 Windows on the same screen
- If your teacher is using Pear Deck, you may want to see 2 windows at the same time. Check out this trick to see how it's done!
- (New!) Video: (student view) How to share your screen with your teacher in BBCU
- English | Spanish (coming soon!)
- You may need to do this if you are having trouble with your technology and your teacher wants to see your screen to help