Spanish Immersion Program
Bailey’s Two-Way Spanish Immersion Program
- In the two-way Spanish Immersion program, students are taught for part of the school day in English and the other in Spanish. While the curriculum follows the Fairfax County Public Schools Program of Studies, students learn math, science, and health in Spanish. Language Arts and social studies are taught in English.
- Students who participate in this program come from one of two language backgrounds: half of the students in the class come from families whose native language is English, and the other half from families whose native language is Spanish.
- At Bailey's, students enrolled in the Spanish Immersion program participate in all aspects of Bailey's many offerings in the arts and sciences, including the CETA program (Changing Education Through the Arts). In addition, our Spanish Immersion students participate in a wide variety of cultural activities including the Smithsonian's Bridging the Americas program, pen pals, and "parrandas" (holiday singing).
- Admission to Bailey's Spanish Immersion program is done by lottery. Students entering Kindergarten and 1st grade are eligible to register for the lottery.
- Parents who wish to apply for the Immersion Program no longer need to apply for the Magnet Program. Parents interested in immersion now apply directly through the world languages site.
Spanish Immersion Lottery
- New Changes to the registration process this year follow the link below (The program is only open to residents of Fairfax County):https://www.fcps.edu/registration/world-language-immersion-programs-registration
- For the 2018-19 school year, students new to FCPS must be enrolled in their home base school, prior to submitting an online application for the Language Immersion Program.
- Parents must have an active Parent Vue Account to use the online registration process. (Activation keys may not be provided over the phone; they must be emailed to the address on record or mailed to the parent. Of course, they may be provided in person if the parent is present.