Students Create a Community to Teach Others
Kindergartners in Rozal Ghazanfar and Azucena Reyes' class engaged in two part PBL to design a community and act as tour guides to teach others about communities.
Driving Question# 1: How can we, as cartographers, create a 3D map of a community?
Driving Question #2: How can we use Dash and Dot robots as tour guides to teach others about our community?
During this PBL, students:
- Learned about communities, tour guides, and paper folding techniques
- Planned, designed, and built their own community
- Collaborated with small groups to write a script for their robot tour guides
- Programmed Robot tour guides with their script
- Use technology to code robots to carry out their tour/script
- Filmed their final product